The Community Medicine Department trains the students in the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health and efficiency through organized community effort.
Department of Community Medicine at M.V.J
Apart from academic activities, the Community Medicine department is engaged in providing preventive, promotive and curative services to urban and rural population of Hoskote taluk through different tiers of health care delivery systems.
The department has a fully staffed, equipped and functional Urban Health centre in Hoskote town, just 3 kms from MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital. Also an equipped and functional Rural Health Training Centre at Nandagudi, 22 kms from the college & at Tavarekere.
Students are given wide exposure to national health programs through visits to institutions such as the Family Planning Association of India, the National Tuberculosis Institute, the Karnataka Health Promotion Trust, etc. Departmental library with recent editions of Journals and books is available.
- A well equipped laboratory with specimens and slides.
- Museum with a full complement of specimens.
- Information Education and Communication facilities.
- Drugs, equipment's and publicity materials for camps.
- Refrigerator for vaccine storage and vaccine carrier for camps.
- Hostel facilities for male and female interns separately at Tavarekere Rural Health training centre.