Postgraduate : MD | MS
Recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi (MCI) and Affiliated to
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGUHS) for conducting the PG Courses
Mode of Examination
Courses & Admission For PostgraduateExpand >
MVJ Medical College is Recognized by Medical Council of India,New Delhi (MCI) and Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGUHS) for conducting the following PG courses
Note: As per MCI notification No. MCI-23(1)/10(A)/2018-Med/184147 dated 28.2.2019, Board of Governors have permitted the conversion of the 14 postgraduate Diploma seats to corresponding Postgraduate degree seats from the academic year 2019-2020.
Attendance, Progress and ConductExpand >
- A Candidate pursuing MD/MS/Diploma course will be covered under code of medical ethics
- A candidate pursuing degree/diploma course should work in the concerned department of the institution for the full period as a full time student. No candidate is permitted to run a clinic/laboratory/nursing home while studying postgraduate course.
- Each year shall be taken as a unit for the purpose of calculating attendance.
- Every student shall attend symposia, seminars, conferences, journal review meetings, grand rounds, CPC, case presentation, clinic and lectures during each year as prescribed by the department and not absent himself/herself from work without valid reason.
- Every candidate is required to attend a minimum of 80% of the training during each academic year of the post graduate course. Privided further, leave of any kind shall not be counted as part of academic term without prejudice to minimum 80% attendance of training period every year.
- Any student who fails to complete the course in the manner stated above shall not be permitted to appear for the University Examination.
Schedule of ExaminationExpand >
The examination for MD/MS courses shall be held at the end of three academic years (six academic terms). The examination for the diploma courses shall be held at the end of two academic years (four academic terms). The university shall conduct two examinations in a year at an interval of four to six months between the two examinations. Not more than two examinations shall be conducted in an academic year.
- MD/MS Degree: MD/MS Degree examinations in any subject shall consist of dissertation, written paper (Theory), Practical/Clinical and Viva voce.
- Written Examination (Theory): A written examination shall consist of four question papers, each of three hours duration. Each paper shall carry 100 marks.
- Practical/Clinical Examination: In case of practical examination, it should be aimed at assessing competence and skills of techniques and procedures as well as testing students ability to make relevant and valid observations, interpretations and inference of laboratory or experimental work relating to his/her subject. The total marks for practical/ clinical examination shall be 200.
- Viva Voice: Viva Voce Examination shall aim at assessing depth of knowledge, logical reasoning, confidence and oral communication skills. The total marks are 100.
- Criteria for declaring as pass in University Examination: 50% marks in each head of passing which shall include (1) Theory, (2) Practical including clinical and viva-voce examination.
Students wishing to enroll into the MD/MS Degree and Diploma Courses should have:
- Passed the final year MBBS examination from a Medical College affiliated to any University recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Completed one year compulsory rotating internship in a Teaching Institution, or other Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India, and
- Obtained permanent registration from Karnataka State Medical Council compulsorily, before joining the course.
Eligibility Certificate by the University before Making AdmissionExpand >
All students, other than those who have studied from RGUHS, should produce eligibility certificate before the last date of admission, as notified by the University.
Supporting documents to upload when applying for the Eligibility Certificate include:
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph.
- Birth Certificate / SSLC Marks Card.
- Category Certificate (if applicable), in image format.
- Declaration with Candidate Signature and thumb impression of right hand.
- NEET Rank Card Certificate (Applicable only for MBBS course).
- First to final year Marks Cards and Degree Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- State Council Registration Certificate.
- Migration Certificate from the University (Not required for students from RGUHS).
Admission For Postgraduate - Contact DetailsExpand >
Mr Nagaraj Setty
MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
Dandupalya, 30th KM Milestone,
National Highway 4, Kolathur P.O., Hoskote – 562 114
Tel : 91-80-28060200 (Ext-179)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org