Undergraduate: MBBS Degree
MVJ Medical College is recognized BY MCI and RGUHS.
Before 31st Dec of the year
* Physics + Chemistry + Biology
* ST & SC minimum 40% in total
Mode of Examination
- Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4½ academic years followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship. The 4½ years course has been divided into three phases.
- The first year comprises of Pre-Clinical subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry. It also includes the subject of Community Medicine though the university exam for the same is conducted in Phase III part 1.
- After passing pre-clinical subjects of Phase I, the Phase II shall be 3 terms (1½ years), devoted to Para Clinical and Clinical subjects. Para Clinical subjects consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine including Toxicology. During this phase the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently.
- Phase – III consists of Community Medicine and clinical subjects – medicine and its allied specialties (including Dermatology,Psychiatry,TB & CD,Radio-diagnosis, Paediatrics and Anesthesiology), Surgery and its allied specialties (Orthopedics,Ophthalmology, ENT and Dentistry) and Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
||1 and Half Year|
|1 + 1 = 2 Years|
- Every candidate should have attendance not less than 75% of the total classes conducted in theory, practical and clinical jointly in each calendar year calculated from the date of commencement of the term to the last working day as notified by the University in each of the subjects prescribed to be eligible to appear for the university examination, (vide Medical Council of India Notification of Graduate Medical Education (Amendment) Regulations 2003, published in the Gazette of India Part III, Section 4, Extraordinary issued on 15th October 2003).
- A candidate lacking in the prescribed attendance and progress in any subject(s) in theory or practical/clinical in the first appearance should not be permitted to appear for the examination in that subject(s).
A candidate seeking admission to first MBBS course:
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of India Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December i.e., the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S/B.D.S. course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS / BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act. 2016
- The Candidates must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Bio-technology of the qualifying examination.
- In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and biology/ Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40 % instead of 50 % for General Category candidates.
- In respect of candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology / Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
- Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in current year can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS / BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2018-19 onward, the candidates belonging to these states shall also be eligible for 15 % All India Quota seats.
The selection of students to medical colleges shall be based on merit provided that:
- In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination, a candidate for admission to MBBS course must have passed individually in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and must have obtained not less than 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Category I, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination is not less than 40% instead of 50% as above. In case of admission on the basis of competitive entrance examination, a candidate must have passed individually in the subjects of Physics,
- Chemistry and Biology and English and must have obtained not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive entrance examination by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the competitive examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Category I, the marks obtained I Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together I qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination be not less than 40% instead 50% as stated above. (vide amendment to MCI Regulations, 1997, notified in Gazette of Government of India dated 29-05-1999).
The candidates should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission
Admission For Undergraduate - Contact DetailsExpand >
Mr Nagaraj Setty
MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
Dandupalya, 30th KM Milestone,
National Highway 4, Kolathur P.O., Hoskote – 562 114
Tel : 91-80-28060200 (Ext-179)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org