Rural Health Care Services provided by MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
Regular rural medical camps are conducted by MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital by a team of specialists for the benefit of rural poor in Hoskote Taluk and surrounding areas like, Malur, Chinthamani, Sidlaghatta, Srinivasapura.
“ The greatest wealth is health ”
- The types of camps conducted include
- Regular medical camps
- School health screening camps
- Cancer screening camps
- Blood donation camps
- Approximately 350-400 patients have attended each camp previously.
- Free medicines are distributed to the patients and the specialist consultation is provided during the camp.
- Basic laboratory services are also provided during the camp. Patients who require admission and further management are shifted to our hospital in our own ambulance from the camp.
- More than 21,000 patients treated free of cost in 81 rural medical camps conducted in and around Hoskote Taluk since 2017.
- Camps conducted at Taluk Head quarters like, Malur, Siddlaghatta, Chintamani, Jangamakote have been attended by more than 1000 patients each.
- Regular Health education campaigns are also conducted at schools and anganwadi centres in and around
- Hoskote Taluk to create awareness regarding importance of breast feeding and nutrition, mother and child care, prevention of diarrhoeal diseases, Dengue fever , Chikungunya fever, adverse effects of smoking and drug addiction.
- Medical manpower for various governmental programmes like pulse polio, H1N1 screening and other communicable disease outbreaks is provided.
Adolescent Mental Health Programme
Trained medicos from MVJMC&RH conduct one-to-one counseling for adolescent school students mainly to promote and protect mental health and wellbeing for the long run under the guidance of faculty from department of Psychiatry and Community Medicine.