Specialty of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of diseases.
Department of General Medicine at M.V.J
- Medical OPD Block with nine consultation rooms, OPD, Lecture hall with Audio visual facilitity
- ECG, ECHO, TMT, facilities
- Endoscopy and Colonoscopy.
- The medical ICU has 12 beds including, 4 cardiac beds with bed side monitor, Central Oxygen supply, infusion pumps, ventilators and defibrillator facilities. The step-down ICU adjacent to the ICU has 8 beds.
- 24 hours Casualty and Emergency treatment facilities with one Assistant Professor on round the clock duty along with junior doctors supported by senior doctors to attend Medical Emergencies.
- Specialty clinics in Cardiology, Gastro-enterology, Neurology and Nephrology are run by super-specialists.
- Excellent diagnostic facilities
- A departmental library with latest editions of medical books are available for student reference.